Extremadura:This part of Spain has a relatively low population density and is ideally suited for the natural and traditional breeding of animals such as cattle, pigs, goats, sheep and, of course, horses, especially Andalusian horses, PREs and Lusitanos. It is here where you get the best cheeses, milk, meat, eggs and ham. A lot of the breeders from the coast keep their herds of mares and youngsters here, so that they can live in harmony with nature and grow healthily in the best possible conditions. Because of the high quality of the horses, the great demand and the relatively long journey from Malaga, we offer trips directly to the Extremadura. Of course you may combine your trip with a stay at our home at the coast, before or after your 1-3 days at the Extremadura.
Partner stable iberianhorses: Our friend and Partner, Antonio Macias, breeds, trains and is selling horses at his stable. They offer a special selection of Iberians, in some cases own breeds, that are ridden professionally and trained on the grounds. Antonio himself is a dressage rider and judge and knows what it takes to find something suitable for all kinds of tastes, sizes, forms, colours and temperaments. There is a lunge arena and a riding ring, as well as countless paths, lakes and fields for long and short riding tours. Antonio’s English is very good and you can always get in touch with us via mobile for any questions you might have. The tack room caters for various riding styles, with saddles for dressage, Española or Doma Vaquera. The horseboxes are semi-covered and windproof, thus ventilated but protected from draughts. What all the horses here share is the guarantee of the highest quality, their careful handling, the clean stables and their natural environment.From time to time, and before the transport, the colts are being seperated into small groups and accustomed to humans and the stable surroundings.The horses are also used for horseback excursions and village fairs, which means that they are not merely nice to look at, but are involved in work and leisure.
* Help in organising arrival and transport (flight, train, rent a car, hotel, etc.). Airports Madrid, Sevilla, Jerez, Malaga.
* Support and advice throughout your stay regarding finding the suitable horse, if needed with simultaneous translation via mobile (at no additional costs to you), and photo and video recordings of you at your test rides.
* Organising the vet check prior to the purchase and professional transport arrangements to your home stable, as well as all the handling of necessary paper work to complete the transaction.
* In case you cannot come to visit the horses in Spain for whatever reason, we will help and support you in purchasing your horse “online” using photos, videos and precise descriptions. We will answer your questions as specifically as possible and would also document the vet check for you.
* If desired, the local training of the horses over the course of several weeks or months.
* Inspection of renowned studs in the area for the purpose of the purchase.
* If desired, we can pick you up from Malaga (transfer charge).
Casa Rural La Chimenea Hotel and traditional local Restaurant, rustic and very nice (35 EUR single/45 EUR double).
Set in a 14th-century stone palace, Parador de Caceres includes original features, such as vaulted ceilings and antique furnishings. The hotel is located in Caceres Old Town, a UNESCO World
Restored property from the 17th century, now a luxury hotel, modern and cosy, with a spa and indoor pool, strategically located between Caceres and the stables and surrounded by stork nests.